Sunday, October 23, 2005

10/23/05

Those of you who visited my blog before I left probably remember that I posted numerous “poems.” I hope to eventually republish some selected ones. One of the poems was entitled “Light Catcher.” Well… I woke up this morning to “ I separated grains of sand with my tongue” a line that stayed in my head throughout the day. I have no idea where it came from but I needed to finish the thought; “Light Catcher:#2 is the result.

Light Catcher: #2

As I separated the grains of sand with my tongue
I categorized each shape according to the hole it fit into;
Saliva, bonding each grain like mortar,
Erecting the house that shaped my life.

While lying…
Face down
On the beach.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brenda Clews said...

What an incredibly gritty and tactile image, grains of sand on the tongue, and separating them, and building the house that shaped your life... I like the way the images in their surreality pile on each other and yet slip away too.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Lhombre said...

Thanks Brennda. I haven't written anything in quite some time. A few things in Spain but I've been pretty much focused on other things. So thanks for the comment. I appreciate it.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Lhombre said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Richard Lawrence Cohen said...

I agree with Brenda!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lhombre said...

Hey, thanks Richard! I can't believe I'm hearing that word "surreal" again! What was in that water in Spain?

2:39 PM  
Blogger Richard Lawrence Cohen said...

Just good old Vichy Catalan.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Lhombre said...

Hey! I forgot about the Vichy! Your right mi hermano!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.