Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hola mi compadres y mi comadres!


pic#4
Originally uploaded by lhombre.
I expect to have the final details of my contract for the Chicago commission in hand by the end of the month. As I stated some time ago I would like to share that experience with you. I said that I would show from time to time, some of the works in progress.

In the interim I thought it might be fun to share with you a commission for a friend and private collector. I will pass along some pics of the work as I complete it. It is a painting that will be completed in red, white, and black. If you recall that was the palette that I was working with this past summer in Spain. This painting is a part of the “La Duquesa de Gallifa” series. I hope you will find the postings interesting enough to comment on while the work is in progress. I handle criticism very well so please don’t hesitate to pass on your thoughts. I also have begun another project related to the Music of Haydn that I would also like to share while in progress. It is based on Haydn’s “The Seven Last Words of Christ.” As some of you may recall from visiting my web site danramirez.net I have explored many religious themes in the past; eg., “Twenty Contemplations on the Infant Jesus: An Homage to Olivier Messiaen.”

But for now...here is an early stage of the present commissioned work I first mentioned.

Of course, I also hope to continue to post some poetry as I move along.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Les sept dernières paroles du Christ est l'oeuvre que je préfère de Haydn !!!
J'aime beaucoup ce compositeur , mais ces sept dernières paroles sont extraordinaires . Je comprends qu'elles vous inspirent pour peindre .

L'ébauche de votre travail me plait beaucoup : force , tranquilité , simplicité , harmonie !

The seven last words of Christ is the work which I prefer of Haydn!!!
I love much this compositeur, these seven last words are extraordinary.
I understand that they inspire to you to paint.
The outline of your work please me much: force, tranquility, simplicity, harmony!

9:29 AM  
Blogger MB said...

Hola! Ohh, what an exquisite piece of music to inspire a commission. Lhombre! I can't wait to see what comes of this with your talents. The photos you've shared here, as I look at them while listening to a little of the music, give me a sense of tender emergence like a delicate prelude... well, to begin with there is something very moving to me about being allowed into a studio and witnessing a work in progress.... me falta el aliento! I do hope you'll share more, mi amigo.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lhombre said...

Jean et le mégaoctet : Remercie pour arrêter par. Le travail que j'ai posté occupe une bonne partie de mon temps. Mais j'essaierai et garderai de front à tout que va sur. Ceci est un tableau très spécial et j'aurai besoin de rester convergé.

Jean y el mb: Gracias para parar por. El trabajo que he anunciado ocupa mucho de mi tiempo. Pero trataré y estaré al corriente a todo que pasa. Esto es una pintura muy especial y yo necesitaré permanecer enfocado.

Jean and mb: Thanks for stopping by. The work that I have posted is occupying much of my time. But I will try and keep abreast to all that is going on. This is a very special painting and I will need to stay focused.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Brenda Clews said...

I love your work, finding the light in it quite astounding, well, visionary would be the better word, that the light is lovingly powerful and is everything and our edifices, oh, all that light in the cracks, corners, behind the doors, covering the vast planes, is the secret of the universe itself and you are whispering all this to us in your painting.

Posting a work-in-progress? How lucky can we be- !

2:54 PM  
Blogger Falter Ego said...

I wish my understanding of painting was developed enough to make sophisticated comments or informed criticisms. However, that won't stop me from trying! Particularly since I will be starting another blog soon to show off my photography and I too will be looking for comment. Suffice to say, I have visited your other site and browsed through your collection. I find the minimilist approach interesting and your use of triangular form appealing to the eye. In practical geometry the triangle is a very strong shape. Is that part of the reason it shows up so often in your work?

5:37 PM  
Blogger Lhombre said...

Falter Ego: Actually the triangle grew out of a trapezoidal shape that I developed as a format early on. It seemed to have a powerful visual presence so I tried to move along with it. There was a kind of (to me at least) a funerial sense to it and I was kind of in one of those exsistential funks at the time. And 34 years later...still keeps tickin'

I'm glad to hear that you will have a blog with your photography on it. I look forward to seeing it. Also very nice of you to drop by my site. Thanks.

Hope all is going well.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.